*This page may contain affiliate links, services, and promo codes that I think would benefit you, and I also may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you sign up or buy something from them. However, I would never recommend a product or service that I don’t use myself and love!
Ways to save for your next adventure:
- Rakuten: A program that gives you cash back on qualifying online purchases.
- Honey: A plug-in for your browser that automatically searches the Web for coupon codes for you.
- Rover: Is there a better way to make extra cash than to spend your days with new furry friends? Not that I’ve ever heard of.
Gear list: What’s in my backpacking kit:
- Backpack: Used the Osprey Aura on the AT, and have now switched to the Gossamer Gear Mariposa.
- Sleeping bag: Used the Kelty Cosmic Down and Sea to Summit Traveler 55 on the AT, now have a Western Mountaineering Ultralite 20 F Down, which is supposed to be among the lightest and warmest on the market.
- Sleeping bag liner: Sea to Summit sleeping bag liner. (I sleep cold!).
- Tent: Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 2.
- Sleeping pad: Had a Thermarest Prolite Women’s on the AT (which was lovely but a little heavy for backpacking), now have a Thermarest NeoAir Xlite.
- Emergency GPS device: Garmin inReach mini. This device gives me access to the outside world, specifically Search and Rescue, when I don’t have cell service. With certain subscription plans, you can even text people with this device!
- Rain jacket: Had an L.L. Bean one on the AT and now have a Marmot PreCip.
- Stove: MSR Pocket Rocket.
- Water filter: Sawyer Squeeze and Evernew water carry system.
- Bear bag: Zpacks bear bagging kit and Ursack Major XL bear sack.
- Dry bags: Sea to Summit.
- Hiking boots: Oboz Sawtooth Lows.
- Trowel: Tentlab Deuce of Spades.
- Kula cloth (pee cloth). An artistic and more sustainable alternative to toilet paper!
- Portable phone battery charger: Anker.
- Octopus tripod: For taking photos! Maybe that’s just me. 😉
- Trekking poles: Black Diamonds.
- Headlamp: Black Diamond Astro.
- Socks: Darn Toughs.
- Underwear: Ex Officios.
- Puffy coat: Patagonia Nano Puff and Patagonia Micro Puff (Yes, I own two).
- Camp shoes: Teva Women’s Original Universal Sandals.
- Other: clothes (quick drying/ layers!), pillow, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, bug spray, sun hat, sunscreen, personal hygiene items, small sponge, knife, trail map, gloves, hat, etc.